Out-of-Zone Entry – 2022 Applications
The Board of Trustees wishes to advise that they envisage 10 places for New Entrants Students and 5 places for Year 7 Students will likely be available for out of zone students for Term 1 next year. Complete an out-of-zone application between September 10th and 29th 2021, please download and print. Paper forms are also available on request from the office. Complete forms may be handed into the office or emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The forms will only be available until the closing date. They will then be withdrawn until the next intake. Applications will be processed by the school and places allocated based on the criteria and procedures below. All applicants will be notified in writing of the outcome of their application. Ballot date if required will be Wednesday 20th October 2021.
Out-of-Zone Place Allocation Procedures
The allocation of available places for out-of-zone applicants is determined by the following nationally legislated priorities:
- First priority will be given to applicants approved for special programmes. (Not Applicable at Oruaiti School)
- Second priority will be given to applicants who are siblings of current students.
- Third priority will be given to applicants who are siblings of former students.
- Fourth priority will be given to applicants who are children of board employees.
- Fifth priority will be given to applicants who are children of a former student.
- Sixth priority will be given to all remaining applicants. Where there are more applicants than available places, the places will be allocated by ballot.